For more than a decade, psychologist and business professor Marty Martin has helped hundreds of people around the globe overcome the psychological barriers to developing a healthier relationship with their money. With The Inner World of Money: Taking Control of Your Financial Decisions and Behaviors, Martin puts his practical, proven tools for effective earning, saving, spending, and investing in your hands.
Bookstores are full of titles on improving personal finances, but none focus on the often debilitating worries that can lead to poor money habits. The Inner World of Money addresses those worries head-on with time-tested strategies for dealing with bill-paying, personal debt, splurge spending, investment, and household budgets. Going beyond simply explaining bonds, stocks, CDs, and mutual funds, Martin provides genuine, life-changing support based on the latest advances in neuroeconomics, evolutionary psychology, positive psychology/happiness studies, sustainability, socially responsible investing, and behavioral finance, an emerging science combining the best of finance and psychology.
- Self-assessments that help readers understand the current state of their personal finances
- Checklists that break down strategies into easy-to-follow steps
- Exercises to help drive home important ideas
- Tip sheets for avoiding common financial misunderstandings and pitfalls
- Real-life examples that show the effectiveness of the author's approach with actual people