Many people use essential oils regularly yet know very little about them. What exactly makes them “essential”? Can they really be used to treat ailments like infections, fevers, and sore throats? Is it safe to ingest them or use them around children and pets? How can you tell if a company selling essential oils is offering a low-quality product or engaging in shady business practices? This book answers these and many more questions about these popular yet often poorly understood products.
Books in Greenwood’s Q&A Health Guides series follow a reader-friendly question-and-answer format that anticipates readers’ needs and concerns. Prevalent myths and misconceptions are identified and dispelled, and a collection of case studies illustrate key concepts and issues through relatable stories and insightful recommendations. Each book also includes a section on health literacy, equipping teens and young adults with practical tools and strategies for finding, evaluating, and using credible sources of health information both on and off the internet—important skills that contribute to a lifetime of healthy decision-making.
- Gives a better understanding of what essential oils are, how they're used, their potential benefits, and their risks
- Simple Q&A format makes the subject approachable and accessible to readers, allowing them to find specific information quickly and easily
- Guide to Health Literacy section helps readers improve their research and critical thinking skills when finding and evaluating health information
- Case Studies provide real-world examples of concepts discussed in the book
- Common Myths section dispels popular misconceptions surrounding essential oils and points readers toward detailed and accurate information provided in the main text