This book will be a tremendous help to the busy elementary school librarian who is working with busy elementary social studies teachers. As they are designing and co-teaching library-based lessons based on the Social Studies Standards Framework, the English Literacy Common Core Standards, and the new American Association of School Librarians (AASL) Standards Learners Framework, these reproducible lessons will enhance planning and implementation.
You’ll get ready-to-use lessons as well as model lessons to adapt to the needs of your own curriculum and students.
All standards are applied—with needed handouts—and other tools and current lists of recommended resources are provided. Lessons are coordinated to common elementary social studies curricula at indicated grade levels but can be adapted as template lessons as needed. Current resource lists aid librarians in collection development to support new and current standards.
- Applies the new AASL Standards Learner Framework to easily used lessons
- Applies the new Social Studies Standards Framework to library-based lessons and resources
- Applies Common Core Language Arts Literacy Standards to library-based lessons
- Provides easy-to-use reproducible elementary school lessons
- Provides recommended current resources for all elementary library lessons