Although mindfulness and meditation have been practiced for millennia, modern neurobiologists and psychologists are only just beginning to understand their full potential for improving physical and emotional well-being. Part of Greenwood’s Q&A Health Guides series, Mindfulness and Meditation: Your Questions Answered provides clear, concise information for readers interested in the contemporary practice of, and research behind, mindfulness and meditation. It explores definitions of mindfulness and meditation, offers solutions for successfully incorporating them into our often-chaotic lives, and explains their many practical applications and benefits for practitioners.
Each book in this series follows a reader-friendly question-and-answer format that anticipates readers’ needs and concerns. Prevalent myths and misconceptions are identified and dispelled, and a collection of case studies illustrates key concepts and issues through relatable stories and insightful recommendations. The book also includes a section on health literacy, equipping teens and young adults with practical tools and strategies for finding, evaluating, and using credible sources of health information both on and off the Internet—important skills that contribute to a lifetime of healthy decision-making.
- Makes the subject accessible to readers by means of a simple Q&A format
- Helps readers hone their research and critical thinking skills in a Guide to Health Literacy section
- Provides real-world examples of concepts discussed in the book through case studies
- Dispels popular misconceptions in a Common Myths section and directs readers towards accurate information
- Points readers towards additional books, organizations, and websites for further study and research in an annotated directory of resources