For nearly two decades, America’s industrial manufacturing sector has been in decline—and as a result, the nation’s prosperity and strength is at risk. Meanwhile, China’s manufacturing capabilities and competence continue to grow, threatening to overtake America as the world’s most powerful and prosperous nation. Drawing on straightforward principles that can effectively be applied to a broad spectrum of manufacturing companies, author Steven L. Blue taps his leadership skills and proven processes honed over his career of growing companies—and saving them—to offer readers an inspiring vision for revitalizing the entire manufacturing sector.
Using case studies and examples from his own experiences, both at Miller Ingenuity and in other roles earlier in his career, the author organizes his lessons in leadership, strategy, and change management into seven values of ingenuity: innovation, excellence, commitment, community, teamwork, respect, and integrity. The book explains how this highly integrated system of operating values can be implemented to turn around a company (if needed) or to propel it to extraordinary growth and prosperity.
- Presents readers with specific, actionable, and experience-based advice on how to propel a company into a global powerhouse
- Teaches the importance of the human factor and how to harness it for peak performance
- Reveals the secrets to building a high performance culture by design—not by default
- Uses tried-and-true examples from the author's real-world experience in generating turnaround and growth successes
- Offers advice on customer service, including how not to lose customers while "explosive growth" occurs