Despite the fact that women have been in the workforce for decades and in top graduate schools for years, they represent only 15 percent of corporate boards and a paltry 3 percent of CEO positions. Is it that female executives run into professional roadblocks, or do they underestimate their own abilities to succeed in a business leadership environment? Accomplished author and speaker Nicole Lindsay explores this subject in great detail, providing a gender-based roadmap for developing the knowledge, skills, and relationships to succeed in business school and beyond.
Organized into four main themes, this powerful handbook provides a systematic approach, or “slingshot,” for harnessing the business school experience to accelerate professional success. Topics covered include utilizing the social networking aspects of graduate school to pave the way for successful careers; preparing for the issues facing female students as they advance in their careers; developing a new approach to relationship management by leveraging personal connections to get ahead; and creating a consistent, powerful, personal brand.
- Outlines the four channels that women can use to maximize their business school experience
- Reveals the four styles of communication for success in class
- Provides practical strategies and tactics for effective relationship and contact management
- Offers tools and insights for gaining greater self-awareness and creating a personal brand
- Reveals the importance of leveraging the 4C’s—classroom, community, career, and clubs