Digital content creation supports the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and 21st-century learning skills by helping students use their knowledge to analyze, create, solve problems, communicate, collaborate, and innovate. This update of the popular Multimedia Projects in Education, Fourth Edition emphasizes digital content creation and the use of the CCSS as benchmarks to help you create cutting-edge classroom instruction.
The book begins by presenting research on student learning through multimedia and digital content creation. This introduction is followed by outlines of each stage of the practical, easy-to-use Decide, Design, Develop, and Evaluate (DDD-E) model, which is designed specifically for classroom use. Content also includes discussion of multiple intelligences, constructivist learning, and cooperative grouping; blackline masters to guide you and your students through the DDD-E process; and assessment and management strategies. In addition, you’ll find sample activities using an array of development tools, information on mobile and web apps, and numerous other resources to support digital projects in your classroom. The book, which is most applicable to students in grades 4 through 12, will also serve as an ideal resource for media specialists who work with teachers and students.
- Uses a Common Core Approach, focusing on creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, and communication and collaboration
- Details how to use the Decide, Design, Develop, and Evaluate (DDD-E) model, a process designed for the classroom
- Provides blackline masters to assist you with every phase of the DDD-E model, including management and formative assessment
- Includes sample activities and reproducible handouts and worksheets
- Offers information on a wide range of resources, including free mobile and web apps for creating digital projects