Executives are highly motivated to get better at hiring because they know the ability to consistently identify and recruit the right people is critical to the success of their businesses—and their personal advancement. But hiring people isn’t taught in business schools or executive development programs. This book provides the sorely needed and essential practical instruction that executives are not receiving elsewhere, supplying a step-by-step guide for those who want to excel at attracting and identifying talent.
Covering everything from the basics of defining a job to the intricacies of managing internal politics, this no-nonsense book provides a clear roadmap through the often-daunting and pitfall-laden recruiting process. In addition to explaining how to get it right, the book provides the information and guidance readers need to identify and fix the most common problems that doom hiring efforts to failure. Debunking the idea that “some people are just great recruiters and some aren’t,” the author clearly identifies the steps that anyone can take in order to master the art—and science—of recruiting.
- Provides a step-by-step guide to recruiting better people, right away
- Presents clear, practical, and immediately actionable advice instead of wasting the reader’s time with text dedicated to explaining theory in extensive detail
- Reviews the most common recruiting mistakes and describes ways to avoid or correct these errors
- Enables readers to immediately improve their hiring effectiveness and over time to develop the intuitive feel for recruiting that makes them expert recruiters
- Supplies the straightforward advice executives need to build great teams that will deliver superior revenues and profits for their businesses—an outcome that will accelerate their own careers