This handbook is the perfect introduction to school library management for both novice and seasoned professionals. The authors—both experienced school librarians—provide basic guidelines for overseeing an effective library program, practical examples that can be used to implement quality lessons, comprehensive coverage of key topics including daily tasks and human resource management, and ideas for the future of school library management. The provided strategies make setting up and running a program easy for professionals at any level.
The second edition includes updated information on the latest trends, terminology, and technologies current in the field. The book is organized into three sections: focusing on daily operations; your role as a teacher collaborator and visionary; and methods for managing a collection. Included resource lists, sidebars, charts, and pictures offer tips and ideas for successfully implementing your plans.
- Covers all aspects of library administration, including operations, technology, and resource management
- Helps new or experienced school librarians find ways to launch or elevate their programs
- Provides valuable resources for implementing a quality library program
- Features lesson plans using Common Core State Standards
- Includes short sidebar articles from noted experts in the school library field and tips from experienced librarians