In this era of school libraries being set up and operated by paraprofessionals, volunteers, and other individuals with limited or no professional library training, this book provides invaluable information and guidance.
School Library Spaces: Just the Basics answers all of the “where do I begin?” questions in clear and simple language, covering library setup fundamentals such as organizing the space, placement and labeling, and the use of different types of shelving. Numerous diagrams, check lists, and resource lists that are invaluable for the novice professional are provided, as are management recommendations for those training and helping aides.
- Includes illustrations of bulletin boards and library layouts as well as photographs of furniture and other library equipment
- Provides signs that are ready to use and easy to copy
- Presents a bibliography of websites and companies for sourcing products, supplies, and materials
- Contains a list of books containing bulletin board ideas
- Provides an index for easy reference to specific topics