The best way to learn about other ethnic groups is to experience that culture directly. Unfortunately, to travel to foreign places isn’t often possible. Giving students the opportunity to learn about and enjoy ethnic customs and holidays through food is a great solution.
This new edition of Holidays of the World Cookbook for Students provides detailed information about the holidays of nations around the world and presents a multitude of selected recipes that are ideal for each celebration. The recipes appear with each country entry, and the countries are arranged in alphabetical order within each region: Africa, Asia and the South Pacific, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and North America. With recipes especially adapted for preparation by student chefs, this cookbook is especially appropriate for students in grades 9–12 who are either researching holiday customs and foods, or planning to prepare ethnic meals or dishes.
- Contains more than 440 recipes from 152 countries around the globe, including entrees, side dishes, desserts, and snacks
- Each recipe contains useful details, clearly indicating the exact steps to follow, cooking equipment needed, and how many people it will serve
- Provides a thumbnail map for each country
- Includes a selected bibliography, index, and glossary with cooking and ingredient terms
- Offers safety tips for student cooks