Please note: Some of the subject matter in this database contains explicit language on sensitive topics. We invite you to participate in a free trial to ensure the content falls within the guidelines of your institution.
Health and Wellness Issues: Understanding Science, Society, and Yourself dives deep into today’s top health-related issues, exploring their historical contexts, current complexities, impacts on physical and mental well-being, and global reach. Authoritative yet accessible reference content includes the insightful perspectives of a diverse group of experts, giving students the full picture on complex and controversial concepts. Through its collection of carefully curated primary and secondary sources, this multifaceted database offers students a rich resource for school learning and research as well as personal explorations.
- Houses more than 2,500 reference entries covering well-being and physical, mental, and social health, with additional content added monthly
- Focuses on more than 65 key health-related issues, offering in-depth explorations of topics that matter most to teens
- Includes detailed explanations of the structure and function of all 14 major body systems, augmented with stunning anatomical illustrations
- Provides two dozen Perspectives that feature scholars' insights on a wide variety of controversies and debates, fostering critical thinking and analytical skills among students
- Features monthly commentaries written by a professional advisory board that help contextualize current health news