A Guide to Nonprofit Board Success is a complete resource for the skills and knowledge needed to excel in your board position. Each chapter leads you to achievement in all aspects of your expected duties. You will learn how to read financial statements, understand various investment strategies, and fundraise and plan events.
From your first meeting with your new colleagues to planning long-term goals, this book also offers descriptions of common scenarios in the boardroom to epitomize real situations and desired outcomes. Author Cynthia Jarboe has decades of experience partnering with and working for nonprofits, and has firsthand knowledge of how integral a collaborative board can be to the management and prosperity of a nonprofit.
It can be overwhelming to understand board governance or to make a crucial investment without previous experience. Here you will learn the essentials of holding a board position as you prepare yourself for the role.
- Comprehensive coverage of best practices for new and veteran board members
- Short chapters providing digestible information
- Tools to assist in duties such as board evaluation and strategic planning
- Technical topics presented in a simple format
- Real and practical vignettes to reinforce principles discussed