This book helps teachers, librarians, and technologists apply 21st-century strategies at every level and in every content area!
Primary Source Teaching the Web 2.0 Way, K–12 offers dozens of helpful tools:
• A comprehensive listing of popular Web 2.0 tools
• An extensive state-by-state bibliography of primary source collections online
• A sample permission letter to parents to introduce a 21st century primary source unit
• In-depth chapters on six different primary source categories
• Primary source analysis tools for each category
• Six “Web 2.0 Focus” sections offering how-to-get-started advice and primary source teaching ideas: Blogs, Citizen Journalism, Flickr, Podcasting, VoiceThread, and Digital Storytelling
Technology alone does not guarantee a quality learning experience, but now is a perfect time to challenge existing 20th century structures and exploit the transformative potential of tags, comments, interactivity, collaboration, and other powerful features of Web 2.0 in the primary source classroom. This book shows you how!