Today’s students need to be able to think creatively to solve problems. They need to be in learning environments that incorporate collaboration, discussion, and genuine reflection to acquire these kinds of real-world skills. Guided Inquiry Design® in Action: High School gives teachers and librarians lesson plans created within the proven GID framework, specifically designed for high school students, and provides the supporting information and guidance to use these lesson plans successfully.
You’ll find the lesson plans and complete units of Guided Inquiry Design® clear and easy to implement and integrate into your existing curriculum, in all areas, from science to humanities to social studies. These teaching materials are accompanied by explanations of critical subjects such as the GID framework, using Guided Inquiry as the basis for personalized learning, using inquiry tools for assessment of learning in high school, and applying teaching strategies that increase student investment and foster critical thinking and deeper learning.
- Enables teachers, school librarians, and other educational partners to simultaneously target outcomes that bring about deep understanding and address curricular goals
- Offers a practical, concepts-based approach to inquiry learning, complete units of study in a variety of content areas, and a discussion of the role emotions in the learning process
- Includes ready-to-implement Guided Inquiry Design® (GID) lesson plans written by practicing high school librarians and teachers who have been refining their GID curricula for years
- Serves to heighten student engagement at the high school level by going beyond fact-finding to foster deeper understanding and knowledge creation
- Provides an explicit structure for developing instructional partnerships and collaborative teams within the school and with the larger community