||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Librarian's Instructional Role/Teaching Resources, K-12
||Educational Technology and Instructional Design/General
Using concrete examples, The School Librarian's Technology Playbook offers strategies for school librarians to initiate and support innovative practices throughout their school community.
The role of school librarians has evolved: no longer do they primarily support teachers with reading and literacy resources. Many librarians now support teachers in integrating technology tools and innovative teaching practices in their classrooms.
At her school, author and learning coordinator Stacy Brown has pioneered the transition to innovation and technology use in the classroom. In The School Librarian's Technology Playbook, she showcases different technology tools and innovative strategies that can be incorporated into the classroom, such as 3D printing, augmented reality, green screen applications, gamification, coding, makerEd, and more. She details the many ways in which school librarians can support teachers as they implement these new practices into their curriculum.
School librarians will learn how to collaborate with teachers and how to empower them to step outside of their comfort zones to try new tools and teaching methods. Readers of this book will also learn how to support teachers as the technology continues to change in this dynamic educational landscape.
- Readers will be inspired to reimagine the role of the school librarian as a primary influencer of innovation within the school community
- Readers will discover specific strategies to achieve buy-in from administrators and managers to allow school librarians to lead the school in innovation and professional learning
- Readers will learn about relevant resources in technology and innovation and practical approaches to using them in an elementary and middle school curriculum
- Readers will acquire specific strategies for librarians to form partnerships with teachers to introduce resources and alternative teaching strategies into the classroom
- Readers will learn practical approaches for shaping the school library as an innovation hub to pilot ideas and resources and launch them into the larger community
- Author Info
"In her debut book, The School Librarian's Technology Playbook, Stacy Brown sets up up a useful guide for school librarians looking to engage children with inspiring lesson plans. Brown tackles numerous learning tools, including 3D printing, QR Codes, virtual and augmented reality, coding, podcasting, and gamification, to name a few. Whether you are a seasoned school librarian or just looking for innovative ideas, Brown's playbook will keep you busy throughout the year. What makes this book unique is how it encourages you to collaborate (potentially outside your comfort zone) with an easy nurturing guidance. Brown's ability to succinctly weave practical and innovative activities and lesson plans throughout this book make it a must-have for all librarians working with children."
"From being the change you wish to see to becoming a library leader, The School Librarian's Technology Playbook offers in-the-field/boots-on-the-ground advice for school librarians to take to their school communities. Inspiration is easy to find in Brown's book, so get ready to get excited with the school librarian's technology playbook!"
"Stacy Brown shares the how-tos for both beginners trying to implement technology in their programs as well as early adopters trying to improve their game. The curriculum connections are just what's needed to validate the 'fun' and to demonstrate the value of taking on this work in meaningful ways."