Inside the Chinese Business Mind
A Tactical Guide for Managers
China remains one of the hottest business environments in the world, with the country's unexpected and sustained growth rate continuing even in these tumultuous economic times. Countless corporations and entrepreneurs are looking to capitalize on this—but often with a limited understanding not just of Chinese business, but of Chinese business people.
||6 1/8x9 1/4
An insightful look at how Chinese business people think and live, offering executives and entrepreneurs a better way to understand a country in which business opportunities are still growing.
Inside the Chinese Business Mind: A Tactical Guide for Managers focuses on helping Western business leaders and managers get an understanding of the core values and beliefs that drive business in China. It is a perfect tool for helping business people gain insights into the vastly different, surprisingly diverse Chinese business culture—and for learning more about themselves and their own values and behaviors in the process.
At the core of Inside the Chinese Business Mind is an in-depth survey which gathered responses from over 200 business leaders in both the United States and China. Going beyond the scope of traditional guidebooks, the study incorporates elements of psychology, resulting in a fascinating portrait of the Chinese people, one that finds clear distinctions in behaviors and priorities across different regions, among various age groups, and within other demographic categories. This specific information will help business leaders develop the kind of cultural awareness that leads to greater opportunities and stronger relationships in China, at home, and within themselves.
- Original research involving over 200 Chinese and American business people, based on a survey that applies fundamental theories in psychology and business to international business
- Supplies figures and drawings to illustrate trends and key points
- Includes a multicultural bibliography of significant materials from the fields of history, business, and psychology
- A helpful index offers access to the entries by key words
- Offers a revealing look at the priorities and values of Chinese business people
- Gives executives and entrepreneurs the insights they need to build better working relationships in China
- Reveals a surprising level of diversity across China among people in various demographic categories
- Provides opportunities for business people to assess their own values and priorities
- Author Info
"...will be of interest to fans of titles on leadership principles and the psychology of management, as well as those exploring business relationships with China."
- Look Inside