"Brings valuable new insights by tying workforce and career development together in a comprehensive way for practitioners at all levels in organizations."
"Genuine workforce strength can be cultivated in the rich soil of organizational structures and approaches aimed at supporting people as they learn and grow. This book offers us inspirational examples of organizations that dared to plow the soil of workforce and career development and reaped a rich harvest as a result."
"Captures the essence of how cutting edge, forward thinking organizations can build workforce strength while adjusting to a changing world of work."
"Studies by Elsdon, Inc. have shown people self-assessing that they operate at only about 60% of their potential. How to secure the remaining 40% is the subject of this book and the authors offer a compelling framework, complete with practical examples. This book will help all those seeking to increase market performance and employee affiliation and satisfaction."
"Everyone interested in improving healthcare delivery and maximizing the opportunity for healthcare workers to contribute their ideas and energy to the process should read this book. It includes invaluable insights gained from the joint labor management work with SEIU and other unions at Kaiser Permanente. I highly recommend it to both union and health industry leaders."
“Whether driven by policy changes or market pressures, health care in the United States is not sustainable in its current configuration, given its cost and level of performance. But changing health care in this country is a mammoth undertaking the scale and scope of which has never been attempted. The key to such a consideration is thinking differently about the health care workforce and how it might be valued, structured, employed and rewarded differently. This book, with its broad perspective on employment across all sectors, provides useful insight to how the changes might build on successful practices throughout the economy. It offers essential wisdom to anyone brave enough to take up the challenge of changing the health care workspace.”
"Building Workforce Strength provides many important principles and proven examples from thoughtful practitioners about building workforce strength at the organizational and individual level. It is a blueprint for successfully engaging and developing employees in ever-changing times."
"We believe that effective workforce development is a crucial element in the transformation of health care. This book provides both practical guidelines and real-life examples to support organizational progress."
"The capability to build workforce strength is essential to the current and future success of all health organizations. This book could not be more timely or important. It offers practical and powerful tools and insights that health leaders can use to build the workforce they need to meet their priority goals."
"Building Workforce Strength articulates a vision of the organization as a dynamic network of relationships at the individual and community level, with the creation of shared value at the core. Of equal importance, it provides the practical tools to help translate that vision into a reality."