||Librarian's Instructional Role/Curriculum and Instruction, K-12
||Children's and Young Adult Programs/General
Providing a treasury of community partnership opportunities and resources for innovative learning experiences, this title helps Future Ready Librarians to create authentic, student-centered experiences that address American Association of School Librarians (AASL) standards.
As school librarians strive to become Future Ready and meet the new AASL standards, community partnerships can help them to build innovative programs within their districts to realize their school's mission and goals.
Placing value on the importance of preparing students for the future, this book encourages librarians to "learn, leap, and grow" and form community partnerships to create learning experiences both in and outside of school. Innovative learning experiences can have a positive impact on student engagement, empathy, knowledge, skills, and local and global awareness.
This book introduces ideas, materials, resources, and a step-by-step action plan while highlighting how learning experiences meet AASL standards. A user-friendly and invaluable resource for librarians who desire to be Future Ready, it will catapult librarians to the forefront of their practice and support them as they create innovative learning experiences for their students.
- Provides a collection of adaptable innovative learning experiences to build through dynamic community partnerships
- Outlines rational and clearly laid out plans for developing learning experiences in each chapter
- Connects the AASL standards to each of the learning experiences covered
- Helps those striving to be Future Ready Librarians by organizing highlights of the Future Ready principles in a table
- Provides a framework for librarians to experience the inquiry process