||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Children's and Young Adult Services/General
||Children's and Young Adult Collection Management/General
By incorporating FanFiction into teen services, librarians will not only broaden the relevancy of their spaces as destinations of collaborative programming and learning but also will give deeper meaning to their collection and literacy events.
The proliferation of online storytelling and FanFiction communities, particularly among teens, has grown a readership of hundreds of millions. This book teaches librarians to leverage that popularity to curate meaningful collections and programs for their teens.
Introducing tools and applications to support the transformation of FanFiction into these library services, this guide covers everything from digital platforms and social media sites for online storytelling to archives and various other publishing venues. It provides step-by-step instructions for developing programs and readers' advisory services, along with guidelines for incorporating FanFiction into your library's collection. Legal issues, cataloging challenges, privacy, and online safety are just a few of the other topics covered. The book closes with a spotlight on future trends and lists of resources, making it a complete handbook for any librarian interested in using FanFiction to enhance his or her library services to teens.
- Learn what FanFiction is and how to use it to enhance teen collections and services
- Find step-by-step guidelines for developing FanFiction library programs
- Learn how to incorporate FanFiction into your library collection
- Discover how to use FanFiction in readers' advisory services
- Gain valuable insight into legal, copyright, and censorship issues surrounding FanFiction