||Children's and Young Adult Collection Management/Acquisition and Collection Development Guides
||Children's and Young Adult Services/General
Taking a genre approach, this overview of young adult literature shows new librarians and library science students the criteria to use for selecting quality books, including recommended titles.
This third edition of Young Adult Literature in Action draws on the success of the previous two editions and updates and expands on them to meet the needs of today's librarians and library science students. It includes a new focus on diverse books, LGBTQ+ selections, the role of book formats, and the relevance of librarians serving teen populations and is an ideal resource for teaching young adult literature courses.
Organized by major genre divisions, this easy-to-use book includes new information on timely topics such as audio and e-books, accessible books, and graphic novels. Each chapter includes revised and updated information on collaborative activities, featured books, special topics and programs, selected awards and celebrations, historical connections, recommended resources, issues for discussion, author comments, and assignment suggestions. Further updates include citations of exemplary young adult books and award winners, references, websites, and a bibliography.
- Provides unbiased, authoritative guidance for finding recommended classic and recent titles by genre
- Presents an excellent introduction to the field of young adult literature for undergraduate and graduate students who intend to be public or school librarians and for librarians who are new to working with young adults
- Focuses on timely topics such as diverse books, LGBTQ+ selections, the role of book formats, and the relevance of librarians serving teen populations
- Provides updated information on audio and e-books, accessible books, and graphic novels
- Shows how YALSA and AASL standards and competencies can be demonstrated