||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Business/E-Commerce and Technology
Uber is one of the most innovative companies of our time. This book provides a detailed analysis of the company and its success and goes beyond the headlines about safety and culture.
Americans are so accustomed to using Uber today that the name of the innovative ride-sharing company has almost become a verb, as in "to Uber" somewhere, and yet Uber has been around only since 2010. In less than a decade, Uber has disrupted the ride-hailing industry, from making it easier and more affordable to become an Uber driver than a cab driver to rating riders as well as drivers. As an early pioneer in using technology to create a new business model and new efficiencies, Uber is considered one of the most important case studies in the sharing economy.
However, little in-depth information exists on this innovative company. This book traces Uber's origin and evolution in the face of competitive pressures, discusses the company leadership and corporate culture, addresses such controversies as rider and driver safety and sexual harassment of female employees, and explores how the company is addressing these challenges. Students of business, entrepreneurs, and anyone interested in the development and exponential growth of the sharing economy will benefit from reading this book.
- Provides key insights into the inner workings of the Sharing Economy
- Delivers a comprehensive overview of Uber's technological innovations, global expansion, and business model
- Explores the leadership challenges faced by founder Travis Kalanick
- Reveals how the company has addressed reports of a sexist corporate culture
- Series Description
Corporations That Changed the World
Google. Toyota. Harley-Davidson. Apple. These companies and the others in the Corporations That Changed the World Series all have one thing in common: They changed the way we live, and even the way we think. And each has been an industry pathfinder that enabled many other companies to succeed.
Each book in the series:
- Explains how the company changed the way we live, work, enjoy leisure, communicate, drive, or shop.
- Details each company's history, innovations and competitive advantage, missteps, financial results, and future prospects.
- Spotlights entrepreneurs and the methods they used to achieve stellar results.
- Provides timelines for context, trivia for fun, case studies for learning, and executive biographies for interest and profit.
Corporations That Changed the World: Perfect for students doing research projects, budding moguls who'd like to follow in the footsteps of Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, entrepreneurs looking for insights or secrets of success, managers searching for profitable strategies, and anyone who wants the scoop on companies that create products they can't live without.
- Author Info