||Race and Ethnicity/Asian American Studies
||American History/Race and Ethnicity
This book provides detailed and engaging narratives about 25 pivotal events in Asian American history, celebrates Asian Americans' contributions to U.S. history, and examines the ways their experiences have shaped American culture.
Asian Americans have made significant contributions to American history, society, and culture. This book presents key events in the Asian American experience through 25 well-developed, accessible essays; detailed timelines; biographies of notable figures; excerpts of primary source documents; and sidebars and images that provide narrative and visual information on high-interest topics. Arranged chronologically, the 25 essays showcase the ways in which Asian Americans have contributed to U.S. history and culture and bear witness to their struggles, activism, and accomplishments.
The book offers a unique look at the Asian American experience, from the California Gold Rush in the mid-nineteenth century to the 2017 travel ban. Highlighting events with national and international significance, such as the Central Pacific Railroad Construction, Korean War, and 9/11, it documents the Asian American experience and demonstrates Asian Americans' impact on American life.
- Provides readers with an understanding of the key events in Asian American history
- Includes broad and detailed coverage through biographies of notable figures, excerpts from primary sources, a chronology, and sidebars
- Highlights Asian Americans' achievements and contributions to American history and culture
- Demonstrates the important roles of Asian Americans in the US
- Recommends additional resources for further study
- Author Info
"Recommended for larger community-college and university collections."
"This volume provides an excellent picture of important moments, movements, and individuals in Asian American history. Libraries with holdings in American history or multiculturalism should consider adding this useful book to their collections."
- Look Inside