||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Health & Wellness/Fitness, Nutrition, and Healthy Living
This guide explains why we gain weight and what we can do to lose it. Without advocating any particular diet, it details a mind-body strategy for realistic lifetime weight management.
Aiming to instill healthy perspectives for lifelong weight control, this book focuses on strategies that are designed to be modified and rotated throughout life to promote motivation, liveliness, and curiosity—key elements of not only losing weight but maintaining a healthy one. Each chapter is backed by the latest scientific evidence, presented in a way that is clear and understandable to readers. Emerging successful strategies are highlighted, and myths such as those developed by product and diet advertising campaigns are debunked.
Understanding Weight Control: Mind and Body Strategies for Lifelong Success presents a general, science-backed plan for long-term weight management. The author explains the physical and psychological factors of weight control—why our fat cells sometimes go rogue and what habits and other factors we can control to change that. She addresses coping with the mental challenges that accompany weight loss and control and additionally shares illustrative stories from her weight loss patients as well as from her own experience.
- Written by a respected physician who has been through the journey of weight loss
- Anticipates readers’ concerns by including the questions, quandaries, and solutions of patients with whom she has worked
- Primes readers with not only the physical challenges but also the mental challenges of weight loss
- Presents helpful tables including a “weight-disruptive shopping plan”
- Includes a bibliography that may be referenced for further reading
- Explains what to look for in a physician to help with weight control in an appendix