PSI Guides to Terrorists, Insurgents, and Armed Groups
This series helps general readers understand the rise, and in many cases the demise, of terrorist organizations, insurgencies, and armed groups from around the globe. Featuring the work of the world’s foremost experts of terrorist activity, including series editor Dr. James J. F. Forest, these volumes address a wide range of fundamental issues, including ideology, international security, transnational threats, an regional concerns relevant to the specific terrorist entity under examination.
• Looks at terrorist groups in the context of the broader landscape of armed, politically violent organizations
• Examines the common strategies and tactics of terrorists, insurgents, and other armed groups
• Presents excerpts from a wide range of primary documents
• Offers chronologies of key events in the evolution of specific terrorist groups
• Includes maps, photographs, biographical sketches, and illustrations
• Provides bibliographies of print and online resources for further reading