|Publication Date: 07/2010|
|Size: 6 1/8x9 1/4|
|Format|| ||Price|| ||ISBN-13|
|Hardcover|| ||$35.00|| ||978-0-313-37938-3|
This biography tells the complete story of John Lennon's life, including the controversial influence of his music, art, and philosophy upon the world.
"I just see and hear differently from other people ... and there is no way of explaining it." These words from John Lennon aptly summarize the gift he possessed that gave him the ability to create and accomplish so much in a lifetime tragically cut short. And still, his 40 years of life forever changed the world.
John Lennon was a singer, songwriter, activist, artist, and writer whose life and work left an indelible mark on rock music and the world. Lennon first became famous as the founding member of The Beatles, and his songwriting partnership with bandmate Paul McCartney remains legendary in the history of pop music. Lennon's creative work, which extended well beyond his years as a Beatle and lasted until his final days, still provides enjoyment and inspiration to millions around the world.
This biography provides a comprehensive account of John Lennon's life for students and general readers, integrating information from interviews conducted during his life with published accounts of Lennon from a range of perspectives. It covers the time from his birth in Liverpool in 1940 to his murder in New York City in 1980.
• A timeline chronologically highlights key events during Lennon's lifetime
• Photographs of John Lennon are interspersed throughout the book
• A bibliography of sources is provided for those seeking additional information
• Contains two appendixes, the first covering the challenges of writing about John Lennon and an explanation of key sources and the second covering John Lennon's albums
• Gathers and synthesizes accounts of John Lennon's life from different perspectives and sources, including interviews Lennon gave throughout his adult life
• Written for general readers and students with an interest in learning more about Lennon
Jacqueline Edmondson is associate dean for undergraduate and graduate studies in the College of Education at the Pennsylvania State University. She has written several biographies for Greenwood Press.
View this product in our online catalog
To order or for more information please contact:
130 Cremona Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93117