|Publication Date: 10/1998|
|Size: 8 1/2x11|
|Format|| ||Price|| ||ISBN-13|
|Hardcover|| ||$175.00|| ||978-0-87436-836-9|
An Encyclopedia of History, Culture, and Peoples
Barry M. Pritzker
This landmark two volume source ranks as one of the field's most comprehensive guides to Native American studies, offering historical, cultural, and modern reference, supporting a complete range of research.
The history, culture, and present state of Native America is revealed, explored, and explained in this, the most comprehensive reference work on the indigenous peoples of North America ever assembled. Anyone and everyone interested in Native Americans will find Native Americans indispensable. Systematically presenting historical and modern data for all known Native American groups in Canada and the United States, the different groups are listed alphabetically within 10 culture areas.
The volumes are richly illustrated and include photos and drawings, culture area and tribal location maps, a master bibliography, bibliographic citations for each tribal entry, a glossary, and a subject index.
• Richly illustrated with photos and drawings
• Maps of tribal locations and culture areas
• Bibliographic citations for each tribal entry, a glossary, and a subject index
• Unique organization: all 200 known Native American groups in Canada and the United States are listed alphabetically within 10 culture areas
• Each culture group includes information on history, significant leaders, Indian-white relations, crafts, dwellings, dress, diet, weapons, transportation, government, and religion
Barry Pritzker is a professional writer specializing in American history and college writing. He taught at the Taos Indian Pueblo in New Mexico and is a former Fellow at the Newberry Library's Center for the History of the American Indian Summer Institute. He is a contributing author for the Dictionary of American Biography.
View this product in our online catalog
To order or for more information please contact:
130 Cremona Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93117