|Publication Date: 05/2012|
|Size: 6 1/8x9 1/4|
|Format|| ||Price|| ||ISBN-13|
|Hardcover|| ||$37.00|| ||978-1-4408-0100-6|
Kimberly Dillon Summers
This biography reveals the life story, musical style, personality, lyrics, and fashion of Katy Perry—the elements that have catapulted her to stardom and made her a 21st-century pop music icon.
Katy Perry, born Katheryn Hudson, was raised by Christian minister parents. A real-life "California Gurl" who grew up in Santa Barbara, CA, and laid the foundations of her musical career at church, it has been her quirky sense of style and controversial lyrics as much as her music and vocal talents that have made Katy Perry a worldwide pop culture icon in the span of ten years.
Katy Perry: A Biography examines who the young woman behind the hit songs, explicit lyrics, racy album covers, unconventional dress, and sometimes odd behavior really is. Through this nine-chapter narration of Perry's life, readers will gain insight into all stages of her development as a person and as a performer, from her early childhood, to her attempts to break out within the Christian music genre, to her pop music stardom and acting career.
The book can be used as both a source of information for an essay or report, and as an easy-to-use guide to find answers to specific questions. It will also be of great interest to any reader who appreciates pop music and wants to know more about Katy Perry—where she came from, who she is today, and the fascinating journey and inspirational tale of her rise to becoming one of the hottest female pop stars of the 21st century.
• A timeline of events pinpoints the specific dates of successes and moments in Perry's life
• Photographs depict some of Perry's most memorable concerts or events
• An extensive bibliography will help readers find more information and quotes about this 21st-century pop music icon
• A comprehensive list of Perry's awards and award nominations collects information for researchers
• Examines controversies that have accompanied Perry’s success and discusses her faults and obstacles along with her meteoric rise to stardom
• Includes a filmography that lists and describes all of Perry's television and film appearances as well as a discography of her albums to date, including her early album from 2001
Kimberly Dillon Summers is a freelance writer and editor. Previously, she was associate editor of Chase's Calendar of Events at NTC/Contemporary Publishing. Her published works include Greenwood's Miley Cyrus: A Biography and Justin Timberlake: A Biography.
View this product in our online catalog
To order or for more information please contact:
130 Cremona Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93117