It is a provocative view to say the least, drawing on science and experience to propose that women are without doubt the superior sex. Women, SHE-Q declares, are far better able than men to integrate thinking and feeling. They are more rational, more moral, and more creative than males—and should no longer accept a male-defined world.
This book takes readers on a fascinating intellectual journey that showcases SHE-Q as the next great emerging intelligence—a force that can remake the world.
The hypothesis of SHE-Q: Why Women Should Mentor Men and Change the World is straightforward, its potential enormous. Females, SHE-Q declares, are the superior, whole-brained, empathic sex. Society's failure to recognize that fact has caused women to labor under a limited, male perspective, skewing their knowledge, capping their wisdom and separating them from Nature, themselves, and each other. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Interweaving personal vignettes with broad-based research, the book marshals evidence from history, science, psychology, and philosophy to underscore the validity of SHE-Q. It shows how the female brain works differently from the male brain, better integrating the left and right hemispheres so that SHE-Q transcends both IQ (intelligence quotient) and EQ (emotional intelligence). Laying out a new, feminine-based understanding of the way women and men think and behave, author Michele Takei demonstrates how women can apply this new-found knowledge to mentor the men in their lives—and achieve true equality.
• Proposes and explains a new theory of human understanding—SHE-Q
• Shows that female equality still exists only within a male-defined game where feminine qualities such as connection, feeling, empathy, compromise, and compassion are valued less than one-dimensional, power-based thinking
• Utilizes personal vignettes to illustrate SHE-Q in action
• Draws on the latest neurological and sociological research to demonstrate that women possess a wisdom that is different from and, in many ways, more advanced than the male-based perspective of knowledge
• Discusses ways in which women can use SHE-Q to mentor and change the men in their lives