This practical book takes the entrepreneur past the business plan and into the toughest business game they'll ever face—self-management for daily and long-term success.
Entrepreneurs dream. Many dream big. But as dreams get bigger, more obstacles loom—obstacles like fear, doubt, anger, or stress. These are emotional challenges that too often get in the way of the daily tasks of running a company and managing people. These struggles can be overcome. Here's how.
Focusing on the internal blocks, obstacles, and struggles all entrepreneurs face sooner or later, The Entrepreneur's Guide to Mastering the Inner World of Business shows how these unrecognized self-imposed barriers make it difficult to work at peak levels of performance. This guide will help readers explore perceptions of themselves, utilize leadership competencies, and identify weaknesses, frustration, and fears, managing each of these factors to enhance business growth and profitability, work performance, and a more satisfying life.
Each chapter of the book concentrates on a difficult, universal problem entrepreneurs may face, such as managing doubt, worry and indecision, remaining innovative even during stressful times, coping with loneliness, confronting overwhelming "busy-ness," discovering the meaning of success and managing it, climbing up from failure and despair, and knowing oneself. "Ask Yourself" questions help the reader identify the particular issue within him/herself. "Practices" suggest proven solutions for those issues based on those the author has taught to thousands of business leaders.
• Foreword by Marshall Goldsmith, bestselling author of What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People become More Successful and Mojo: How to Get It, How to Keep It, and How to Get It Back When You Lose It
• "Ask Yourself" questions and key "Practices" at the end of each chapter
• A summary of key points at the end of each chapter
• Shows entrepreneurs how to self-manage obstacles that impact business growth and figure out a personal formula for success, uniquely considering both short and long-term aspects of self-management
• Helps entrepreneurs overcome the blows of inevitable crises that impact self-confidence, then regain footing and use the adversity or failure to advance to higher levels of achievement and success
• Offers practices for managing success when it arrives