This intriguing analysis examines an aspect of President Obama that falls outside of his ethnic background, his political career, or policies: how his unique leadership style comes from his extraordinary ability to use both halves of his brain to maximum potential.
A "left-brain" leader is methodical, logical, and adept in analytical thinking. A "right-brain" leader is intuitive, subjective, and a creative thinker. The former is objective and sees details; the latter is tuned to the emotional and sees the big picture. Barack Obama is that rare individual whose experience, education, and thinking style enable him to be a true right brain/left brain president—and an ideal leader.
Right Brain/Left Brain President: Barack Obama's Uncommon Leadership Ability and How We Can Each Develop It is an inspirational guide to leadership as it should be practiced, conveyed through an up-close look at the man who sets the new leadership bar. Author Mary Lou Décosterd uses her Right Brain/Left Brain Leadership Model to frame Barack Obama's leadership skill sets. Her book shows that Obama's unique brand of leadership is the result of his extraordinary ability to leverage full-brain potential in the ways he thinks, decides, and acts.
Right Brain/Left Brain President examines Obama's life and the Obama phenomenon, analyzing how he rose to prominence so quickly and what that teaches us. The president is used as an example of the ten full-spectrum behaviors—the must-have leadership skills—that make one an extraordinary leader. To help readers emulate the Obama model and become the most consummate leaders possible, Décosterd discusses how each of us can learn to lead from both right and left brain abilities.
• Provides a chronology of President Obama's life, key influences, and critical moments as they relate to his current leadership traits
• Presents two key, original models, the Right Brain/Left Brain Leadership Model and an Energy Model, both critical frameworks for driving leadership success
• Offers an extensive bibliography on leadership and leadership brain science
• Includes excerpts from President Obama's most defining, first-year-in-office addresses, interviews, and press conferences
• Shows that President Obama possesses a rare combination of right brain and left brain integrated skill sets that enable him to address the most complex challenges
• Points to leadership actions during the president’s career that are clearly based in the rational, analytical left brain, as well as those that reflect strategic, right-brain thinking
• Translates information on maximizing brain potential into the language of leadership with ten leadership behaviors broken down into 100 leadership traits/nuances