Praeger welcomes your manuscript and book proposal submissions. We seek serious general-interest books in psychology, education, health, politics, current events, history, military and security issues, pop culture, business, crime, and religion. We publish single-volume titles in these areas for academic and public libraries, as well as individuals buying online. We also seek editors for multi-volume sets in these subject areas, primarily for the library markets. Note: We do not publish fiction, poetry, or memoirs.
If you have a book project that you think would be suitable for our publishing program, we would be delighted to receive a book proposal consisting of:
• A brief description of the project
• Annotated table of contents
• Your curriculum vitae or résumé
• An indication of the potential audience for the book
• A discussion of how you can help market the book
• A brief writing sample
• An explanation as to why you are the right person to write the book or edit the set at this time
• Please let us know if this is a simultaneous submission (i.e., you’re sending the proposal to more than one publisher at the same time)
Once we have considered your initial proposal, we may ask you to submit additional material for review. Note: There are many good books and articles on writing book proposals. If you’ve never done one before, you might consider typing “book proposal guidelines” into your favorite search engine and reviewing carefully the results.
Praeger editors work in one or more subject areas. You may direct your inquiries to the editor responsible for the field that your project most closely fits. Please forward your proposal to the appropriate Praeger editor. We look forward to hearing from you!
For general inquiries, or for help in determining the right editor for your proposal, please email Rebecca Matheson, email@example.com.
You may also mail a copy of your proposal to:
P.O. Box 1911
Santa Barbara, CA 93116-1911