Superstars of the 21st Century
Pop Favorites of America's Teens
Every generation seems to produce them—performers riding their successes at the box office, on television, and on the music charts all the way to undeniable superstardom. This first decade of the 21st century is no exception, with Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Shawn Johnson, and others using a combination of talent and wide-ranging appeal to achieve iconic status in the pop culture landscape.
||Popular Culture/Icons and Celebrities
This book offers a series of biographical portraits of the young performers who have reached superstardom in today's popular culture.
Who are the superstar icons of the new century—the singers and actors who are captivating today's audiences? Get to know them in this exciting and informative new resource. In a series of biographical essays, Superstars of the 21st Century: Pop Favorites of America's Teens explores the lives of these extraordinary talents, giving readers an up-close look at their upbringings and families, their professional beginnings, and the remarkable accomplishments of their careers.
Did you know singing star Rhianna was a member of her high school military cadet corps? That despite earning millions for her movie roles, Dakota Fanning has never received an allowance? That Twilight's Robert Pattinson was routinely dressed up as a girl by his sisters? The biographies included in Superstars of the 21st Century are filled with little-known facts like these, as well as career highlights and real insights into the daily lives of this generation's iconic figures.
- Chapters on the young superstars who are today's teen icons
- Photographs of the young superstars of this generation
- An extensive bibliography of additional sources in print and online
- A comprehensive index
- Gives readers insights into the real lives of favorite artists they may only know through their performances
- Explores the influence of each teen icon's upbringing on their success
- Includes complete details on the professional accomplishments of each star
- Ranges across the full spectrum of today's pop culture—movies, television, hip hop, country music, sports, and more
- Author Info
"The information included in this resource is accurate, interesting, and certainly worthwhile to a certain audience . . . public libraries, in particular, could be well served to provide this resource to its patrons."