How to Write Persuasively Today
Standard five-paragraph essays. Advertising copy. Opinion pieces, articles, sermons, and presentations. Persuasive written communication exists in many forms. And whether you are a student working on a paper, a professional with a business proposal, or a citizen looking to express ideas and views, at some point you must make your case with words. But what makes writing truly persuasive and memorable?
||6 1/8x9 1/4
This book is a step-by-step guide to harnessing the power to persuade in a variety of forms of writing.
How to Write Persuasively Today is an authoritative handbook for getting your point across, a step-by-step how-to guide for making sure you say what you mean in the clearest, most effective way possible.
Drawing on over three decades of professional writing and speaking experience, author Carolyn Davis breaks down the challenges, issues, and potential pitfalls involved in persuasive writing, providing practical strategies and solutions for communicating with the utmost clarity, precision, force, and style. It is a presentation filled with vivid, often humorous real-life examples of writing and presentations of all kinds—one that also equips readers with the tools needed to assess and evaluate everything from advertising claims to political propaganda to survey results.
- A wealth of original documents provides examples of solid persuasive writing, from essays, articles, sermons, advertising, and other sources
- Includes an annotated bibliography of print and electronic resources
- Appeals to many readers of different ages and levels of writing proficiency
- Uses humor as well as real life examples to demonstrate points in a variety of formats
- Cites diverse and interesting sources