||6 1/8x9 1/4
This book directly addresses the issues and problems that leaders face in today's business environment—and provides tangible and usable techniques to overcome these challenges.
Millennial-generation managers and employees—those ages 18–35—have transformed business in America. More than any previous generation, they don't conform to the traditional ways of doing things. Rather than passively taking orders, Millennials thirst for engagement, expect to be part of a team, and need to be engaged in meaningful tasks. And they aren't as devoted to the corporation as much as they are to the product or service that's provided. This book guides readers—people in management positions or in any corporate setting—in embracing these key differences and nurturing their abilities to listen and empathize with coworkers, supervisors, and employees. Readers will also learn the best ways to encourage and motivate this unique generation in a way that is familiar to them and still serves to push them to work hard, improve, and grow.
The book demonstrates how to lead and manage Millennials, explains how to motivate them, and describes how to help them develop professionally. It gives managers the tools and techniques to satisfy Millennials' need to advance rapidly in their careers—and explains how to become a supporter of this desire instead of appearing to stand in their way. Turning the traditional notion of business management on its head, it shows that taking a caring and humanistic approach to employees, coworkers, and colleagues leads to increased productivity, efficiency, and profitability. These same techniques that foster open communication and trust will help companies to create office cultures that encourage people to be self-motivated and minimize worker turnover.
- Offers information that benefits both managers of Millennial employees and Millennials themselves
- Provides proven techniques for overcoming the issues confronting managers and leaders—strategies that have worked successfully in the real world
- Presents case studies that document specific management and leadership issues or show how techniques or skills were applied to resolve the situation
- Teaches humanistic leadership and the benefit of valuing people
- Trains new managers on the leadership skills needed to instill the confidence that will enable them to immediately earn the trust and respect of their teams
- Author Info
"Marc gives specific techniques and clear dimension on applying emotional intelligence in managing the Millennial generation. I recommend this book for both general principles and ideas on how to handle specific situations, having used these techniques myself to successfully build and manage my team at Hulu."
- Look Inside