||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Current Events and Issues/Environment
This anthology is a two-volume work that focuses on our relationship with the Earth and our future, examining the crossover between psychology and environmental studies in the emerging fields of ecopsychology and environmental psychology.
This set offers the first comprehensive and holistic understanding of how our human activities are very rapidly changing the earth's environment and harming its inhabitants. Since our present path of population growth and use of finite global resources is unsustainable, we must find new ways to protect our environment and our future. Offering unique perspectives and guidance toward holistic new solutions, this reader-friendly anthology serves a vast audience in the fields of psychology and environmental studies as well as scientists, humanitarians, educations, and policymakers.
This work presents readers with the latest research on psychology and the environment, gives examples from around the world, applies to programs for youth and adults, and appeals to all stakeholders, including those in public health, policy, environmental studies, and more. The reader will gain the perspective and understanding of policies needed to effect environmental change and holistically manage the direction of that change.
- Addresses the "hot topic" of today: how psychology and environmental studies intersect in the fields of ecopsychology and environmental psychology
- Presents a breadth of perspectives from authors with various fields of expertise, from scientists to interventionists, conquerors to caretakers, political leaders to grassroots activists—all of whom are needed to effect change
- Utilizes the knowledge of contributors from the fields of psychology, science, humanitarianism, environmental studies, business, United Nations, law, and policymaking
- Addresses the facts, feelings, needs, and possibilities that must be considered when planning for the future since the psychology of environmental messaging is just as important as its geology
- Offers a range of solutions—based on research and real implementations of programs around the world—for preserving our planet and caring for our environment
- Author Info
- Topic Centers
View Table of Contents (PDF)
- Look Inside