Powerful PowerPoint for Educators
Using Visual Basic for Applications to Make PowerPoint Interactive, 2nd Edition
Using multimedia tools in the classroom can be both challenging and daunting. PowerPoint, a popular classroom tool, includes an application for creating dynamic, interactive presentations. By tapping into the hidden power of this feature, teachers and students can use PowerPoint in innovative ways and create better learning environments.
||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Educational Technology and Instructional Design/General
||Librarian's Instructional Role/Teaching Resources, K-12
This timely book helps educators unleash the interactive potential of PowerPoint to build their own multimedia material that perfectly matches the needs of their students.
While PowerPoint affords powerful capabilities for creating dynamic classroom lessons and enriching curriculum, few educators understand how to take advantage of these built-in features. The second edition of this practical guide helps educators produce creative multimedia material for their students, regardless of their level of programming proficiency.
Powerful PowerPoint for Educators: Using Visual Basic for Applications to Make PowerPoint Interactive, Second Edition discusses the educational benefits of multimedia instruction and provides a review of intermediate PowerPoint skills. Author David Marcovitz explains the concept of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) scripting and provides progressively advanced skills and practice examples. While other books that describe VBA are written in a highly technical manner, this book is geared toward educators with little or no programming background and includes tips for modifying the practice examples for their own interactive multimedia projects.
- Tips for modifying included examples into classroom projects
- Updated material includes advanced scripting techniques, new figures, and new interactive features of PowerPoint
- Numerous quizzes and tests to reinforce skills
- A selection of commonly-used templates are provided
- Contains multiple examples which can be used immediately
- Includes tricks for advanced scripting and tips for debugging scripts
- Reveals little-known features of PowerPoint
- Presents screenshots for visual clarity