Workplace Communication for the 21st Century
Tools and Strategies That Impact the Bottom Line
According to a 2004 study, organizations with higher levels of effective internal communication are more profitable. Researchers also found that companies with the highest levels of effective communication experienced a 26 percent total return to shareholders over 4 years, whereas firms that communicate least effectively experienced a 15 percent return.
||6 1/8x9 1/4
Written in clear, non-technical language, this book explains how employees and employers can maximize internal and external organizational communication—for both personal benefit and to the entity as a whole.
Workplace Communication for the 21st Century: Tools and Strategies That Impact the Bottom Line explains and simplifies what organizational communication scholars have learned, presenting this knowledge so that it can be easily applied to generate tangible benefits to employees and employers as they face everyday challenges in the real world.
This two-volume work discusses internal organizational and external organizational communication separately, first explaining how communication functions within the confines of a modern organization, then addressing how organizations interact with various stakeholders, such as customers, clients, and regulatory agencies. The expert contributors provide a thorough and insightful view on organizational communication and supply a range of strategies that will be useful to practitioners and academics alike.
- Includes chapters by the leading practitioners and scholars in the field of workplace communication
- Explains and summarizes decades of research, translating this data into practical and applicable information for people in modern workplaces
- Incorporates real-world case studies, vignettes, or stories to help illustrate the content discussed in each chapter
- Supplies end-of-the-chapter takeaways with each chapter to underscore how the information can be used in the real world
- Provides a glossary of terms to assist readers in fully comprehending key concepts
- Author Info
- Look Inside